Aer-O-Lite 1% Cold Foam
Aer-O-Lite 3% Cold Foam
- Low energy input AFFF – requires minimal agitation
- Excellent fluidity provides rapid ‘knockdown’
- Suitable for use with fresh or sea water
- Compatible with standard proportioning and foam making devices
- Suitable for use with foam compatible dry powder extinguishing agents
- Designed for use at a variety of minimum usable temperatures
Aer-O-Lite™ is a superior quality aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) which is used to extinguish fires in hydrocarbon fuels. This new formulation demonstrates National Foam’s commitment to superior flexibility, firefighting performance, and environmental responsibility. Aer-O-Lite is suitable for use with most types of proportioning and discharge equipment.
AFFF foam concentrates are designed for rapid fire knockdown by producing a thin aqueous film which spreads across the surface of the fuel, separating the fuel from oxygen.
This is accomplished by allowing the foam solution to quickly drain from the foam bubble which in turn, affects long term sealability and burnback resistance.
The aqueous film is produced by the fluorocarbon surfactant reducing the surface tension of the foam solution to a point where the solution can be supported by the surface tension of the fuel. The effectiveness of the aqueous film is directly influenced by the surface tension of the fuel. Typical installations include foam water sprinkler systems, aircraft hangars, loading racks, process areas and aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) or other manual firefighting applications where polar solvent fuels are not encountered.