Fluorine Free Foam Global Firefighting School
March 19-21, 2024
TEEX Fire Field, College Station, TX 77845, United States
Watch our 2023 Industrial Fire School highlight video and get excited for 2024!
For questions about the school, please email Rick Isaacks, National Foam Training Manager, at email@example.com.
- Certified Instructors
- Legacy and Fluorine Free foam emphasis
- Discuss New Firefighting Foam Legislation
- Case study review and discussion
- One Day Classroom
- Two Days Live Fire Training
What Will You Learn?
- Changing firefighting foam legislation (State and Federal)
- What is PFAS (PFOA/PFOS)? Why did we go from C8 – C6 – SFFF (F3)?
- C6 VS SFFF (F3) foam chemistry (What is the difference?)
- Applying C6 and SFFF (F3) on same fire – Are different foam solutions compatible?
- Does SFFF (F3) work? – How do we know it works? – Where is the proof?
- How does SFFF (F3) foam solution seal/vapor suppress without film forming?
- New SFFF (F3) developments in foam concentrates
- Chemicals of high concern PFHxA now a concern (phase out of C6)
APPLICATION RATES AND DENSITY:
- Determining application rates
- Type II, III application methods
- Define density, what is it?
- Logistics (water and foam requirements)
TARGET ZONE APPLICATION:
- Tank type III
- Spill fire (tank and dike, truck rack, roll over)
- Crude oil (why is this special)
- Shore based Marine (fresh and salt water)
- How to protect? How does it work?
- Tank and Dike
- Loading Rack
- Sprinkler System
- Fixed Perimeter System (Oscillating Monitors)
PORTABLE SYSTEMS: (Strategy and tactics – how to use them, what are they for)
- How to identify correct equipment such as:
PREPLANNING, SIZEUP AND STRATEGY TACTICS:
- Preplan – What to know about your facility
- Size-up – Real time assessment
- Strategy – Rescue, exposure, contain/confine, extinguish protocol (RECEO). Water supply, foam supply
- Other assigned resources
- Tactics – Task oriented, putting it all to work
- Command – Roles and functions
- Real life examples of SFFF (F3) in use
Two days of live fire training – All live fire field exercises will be conducted using approved TEEX training foam. SCBA’s are required and provided by TEEX.
National Foam Fire School’s negotiated hotel pricing is available at the Embassy Suites.
Embassy Suites by Hilton College Station, 201 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840, USA
Participants may reserve their rooms using this link: NATIONAL FOAM SCHOOL 2024 (hilton.com)
Bunker gear is not provided, however, Delta Fire and Safety can assist for a fee: www.deltafas.com
Registration deadline for international students is February 16, 2024.
Sign up today: