Save the Date – February 28-March 2, 2023
TEEX Fire Field, College Station, TX 77845, United States
- Certified Instructor
- Legacy and Fluorine Free foam emphasis
- Case study review and discussion
- Classroom and live fire training
What Will You Learn?
- Changing firefighting foam legislation (State and Federal)
- What is PFAS (PFOA/PFOS)? Why did we go from C8 – C6 – F3?
- C6 VS F3 foam chemistry (What is the difference?)
- Applying C6 and F3 on same fire – Are different foam solutions compatible?
- Does F3 work? – How do we know it works? – Where is the proof?
- How does F3 foam solution seal/vapor suppress without film forming?
- Why did foam go from C6 1% X 3% to F3 3% X 3% ?(Why do we think 3% will work on Polar Solvents versus 6%?)
- Chemicals of high concern PFHxA now a concern (phase out of C6)
APPLICATION RATES AND DENSITY:
- Define what application rate is
- Type II, III application methods
- Application rate for C6 versus F3, why is it different
- Define density, what is it
- Logistics (water and foam requirements)
TARGET ZONE APPLICATION:
- Tank type III
- Spill fire (tank and dike, truck rack, roll over)
- Crude oil (why is this special)
- Land based Marine (fresh and salt water)
- How to protect? How does it work?
- Tank and Dike
- Loading Rack
- Sprinkler System
- Fixed Perimeter System (Oscillating Monitors)
PORTABLE SYSTEMS: (Strategy and tactics – how to use them, what are they for)
- How to identify correct equipment such as:
PREPLANNING, SIZEUP AND STRATEGY TACTICS:
- Preplan – what to know about your facility
- Size-up – Real time assessment
- Strategy – Rescue, exposure, contain/confine, extinguish protocol (RECEO). Water supply, foam supply
- other assigned resources
- Tactics – Task oriented, putting it all to work
- Command – Roles and functions
INCIDENT REVIEW: (Real life examples of F3 in use)
Two days of live firefighting exercises on TEEX fire field
Registration Opens Fall 2022