- Low energy input AFFF – requires minimal agitation
- Excellent fluidity provides rapid ‘knockdown’
- Suitable for use with fresh or sea water
- Compatible with standard proportioning and air aspirating foam making devices
- Suitable for use with foam compatible dry powder extinguishing agents
Centurion aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) concentrates are economical products that demonstrate National Foam’s commitment to superior flexibility, fire performance, and environmental responsibility. Centurion 3% is suitable for use with most types of proportioning and discharge equipment. AFFF foam concentrates are designed for rapid fire knockdown by producing a thin aqueous film which spreads across the surface of the fuel, separating the fuel from oxygen. This is accomplished by allowing the foam solution to quickly drain from the foam bubble that in turn, affects long term sealability and burnback resistance. The aqueous film is produced by the fluorocarbon surfactant reducing the surface tension of the foam solution to a point where the solution can be supported by the surface tension of the fuel. The effectiveness of the aqueous film is directly influenced by the surface tension of the fuel.