Universal Gold 1%/3%
Universal Plus 3%/6%
Universal CG 6%
- Highly versatile, eliminates the need to stock a variety of foam types
- Listed for use on a wide variety of polar solvent fuels and oxygenated fuel blends
- Select hazardous material applications
- Suitable for use with fresh and sea water
- Suitable for use with foam compatible dry powder extinguishing agents
Universal Alcohol Resistant AFFF (AR-AFFF) concentrates demonstrate National Foam’s innovation and commitment to superior flexibility, firefighting performance and environmental responsibility. The first of the modern AR-AFFF foam concentrates, Universal products are used to extinguish hydrocarbons, polar solvent (water miscible) fires and many oxygenated fuel blends. Fuel type, proportioning accuracy and incident dynamics should be considered when selecting percentage use concentration.
Universal is an AR-AFFF concentrate with a special biosynthesized polymer. This polymer is designed to fulfill two functions. The first is to form a protective membrane between the fuel and the foam as it contacts the water-miscible fuel, making extinguishment possible. The second function is to make the foam more stable and heat-resistant, resulting in better burnback resistance and sealability compared to conventional AFFFs. The unique state-of-the-art Universal concentrate formulation is recognized by United States Patents 4,999,119 and 5,207,932.